Graduate Student Funding

Internal Graduate Funding

Internal funding for graduate students is organized by the Graduate College and can be found on the Graduate College's Awards and Funding page. This page includes resources and links to scholarships, travel grants, tuition waivers, assistantships, as well as some external funding opportunities. This is the first place to look for funding.


Your own college or department may have funding available. Check with your departmental graduate liasison.


External Graduate Funding

The Center for Research Program Development and Enrichment (CRPDE) aims to complement the funding opportunity information provided by the University of Oklahoma Graduate College. CRPDE provides information about a wide range of external funding programs and resources for preparing competitive proposals.


The federal government provides many opportunities for students and can be found here:


Note: If you are interested in the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF GRFP), including eligibility, due dates, and how to apply, click here:


In addition to federal opportunities, many foundations and non-governmental organizations provide funding opportunities. COS Pivot (tab below) can be used to search across all federal and non-federal opportunities.